News: phantom 309 true story

I have enough to get out of here. He started up Route 1, just north of Boston in  Saugus, Mass., on the Newburyport Turnpike.

That "girl" wasn't human, at least not anymore she wasn't. I hear other truckers talk of strange things that they see on the interstates, U.S. highways, and state routes, but I've never mentioned my experience. Well, did I say something wrong? There was no way Trudelle could stop. The person was just chillin watching some television with the windows open when they heard what sounded like a woman screaming. Well, he tossed me a dime as he pulled her in low And said: "Have yourself a cup on old Big Joe." Those eyes, you see, weren't meant for a person.

somebody explain. Red Sovine released the song “Phantom 309” in 1967, almost a decade before CB truckin’ songs became unavoidable. I climbed in. I like the record im 63and remember in the local diners and truck stops hearing red and other country singers records on the juke box in the 60’sand 70’s good stuff . They were designed for a predator, and all of a sudden I felt like prey. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today.

", Well, we rode and talked the better part of the night When the lights of a truck stop came in sight He said: "I'm sorry son, this is as far as you go 'Cause, I gotta make a turn, just on up the road.". It is about a true hero that was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice of his life for others.

Red Sovine released the song “Phantom 309” in 1967, almost a decade before CB truckin’ songs became super popular. There were no cars at the pumps and the clerk definitely hadn't noticed me. What you didn’t know is the rest of the story, the truth of what caused the Phantom 309 to go into a skid. I didn't bother setting an alarm.

Rather than plowing into the back of the two vehicles stopped, he crashed the tanker into the bridge abutment.

The bus was engulfed in flames, but the six children and the driver on board had time to escape.

Something interesting and new every day. This was wrong, and I didn't want any part of this. I looked around a moment, lit my cigarette... and then noticed something. The Phantom of the Truck Stop Share PINTEREST Email Print Owaki/Kulla/Getty Image Paranormal & Ghosts. O well its true they dont make em like they use to sad. I listened to this 3 times, and I cant get it.

I wondered what had caused my truck to rock so violently. big joe gave him a ride but when the guy was at the truck stop the told him to story of how he was killed? When Joe and his rig roared out in the night In nothin' flat, he was clean out of sight. It was also a small shop, with parking for only a dozen trucks. Big Joe drives through the night and drops the narrator at a truck stop, flipping him a dime for a cup of coffee before heading off into the darkness. There was no way that someone could have gotten in without breaking a window. The blade had been driven in deep, pegging the postcard to my nightstand! Just about every …

The life of a long-haul trucker is a difficult one. Red Sovine released the song “Phantom 309” in 1967, almost a decade before CB truckin’ songs became unavoidable. On Jan. 29, 1963, John William “Pete” Trudelle drove a tanker truck to the Chelsea River Bulk Petroleum Facility north of Boston to load up on 4,600 gallons of gasoline. Cursed Cars III The True Story Behind Phantom 309 BestRide. I spotted one guy walking out of the store with a bottle of beer in his hand, looking around nervously as he quickly strode over to his truck. 1 decade ago. I noticed a truck stop/gas station on the side of I-40, pulled off and decided to call it a night. I asked him why he called his rig such a name He said: "Son, this old Mack can put 'em all to shame There ain't a driver, or a rig, a-runnin' any line Ain't seen nothin' but taillights from Phantom 309."

The point of the blade had been driven directly into the spot on I-40 where I had originally stopped for the night! Watch Jon Olsson Drive a Lamborghini up a Glacier. I sat straight up, fully awake and pressed the button on the truck's radio/alarm. After the break Kyle brings up some more of these strange sightings of the Black Stick Man! On Jan. 29, 1963, John William “Pete” Trudelle drove a tanker truck to the Chelsea River Bulk Petroleum Facility north of Boston to load up on 4,600 gallons of gasoline. Phantom 309. I heard the siren shut off and hit the valves to supply air to my brake system. It was shortly after three in the morning. I sat in the captain's chair and listened to the radio while I ate my dinner with the windows down, letting in the dry wind. Supposedly they are two-dimensional creatures, meaning they are exactly the same regardless of what angle they are viewed from. The True Story Behind Phantom 309: The song tells of a hitchhiker (the singer, in first person) trying to return home from the West Coast. Trudelle turned around and started to make the several-hour trip back to Keene, New Hampshire, near the eastern bank of the Connecticut River, just across from the state of Vermont. They are said to move in an odd galloping motion; some are even said to float above the ground. I said with a halfway grin He said: "Naw, this happens every now and then Ever' driver in here knows Big Joe But son, let me tell you what happened about ten years ago. It is clear Pete "John" Trudelle, a volunteer firefighter and former police officer for Troy, NH made the choice for the well being of others with only seconds left. She was smiling at me and waving. True Stories of Time Travel and Other Dimensions, Haunted Christmas: Yuletide Tales of Ghosts and Spirits, 10 Creepy and Totally Unexplainable Paranormal Stories, Learn of the Rare Times When Money Literally Fell from Heaven. No one was there. I quickly decided that I was not staying here for the rest of the night. In August of 2014, residents of the town of Troy, New Hampshire, got together to build a monument in honor of Pete Trudelle. I clicked on the light and shined it down the side of my trailer. Steeling myself for what was going to be an uncomfortable encounter at the least, I took a step up on the fairing and leaned my head into the truck. Make sure your family’s future is safe no matter what. The song tells of a hitchhiker (the singer, in first person) trying to return home from the West Coast. It took me several minutes just to work the knife loose enough to withdraw it from the nightstand. Whether or not you believe the urban legend part about being picked up by a phantom trucker is up to you, but the story of the crash itself is true. Jun, 27, 2020; Acadian Reminiscences with the True Story of Evangeline Long, tedious hours on the road, away from family for days or even weeks at a time. Governor issues overnight stay-at-home advisory, How Georgia’s blue drift changes politics nationwide, Visiting campaign HQ, Trump says ‘losing is never easy’, Stern commends Swift for taking a political stance, NFL being bashed despite tightening COVID-19 policy, Trump signals he won't try to declare victory prematurely, Woman inspires community to head to polls on horseback, The Obama-Biden economy outperformed Trump's, Jerry Jones: DiNucci's 1st NFL start was 'a lot for him', First results are in from tiny New Hampshire town, LeBron James endorses Biden after Trump attack, http://webhome.idirect.com/~boweevil/pntm309.html. Made a lot of miles, the first two days And I figured I'd be home in week, if my luck held out this way But, the third night I got stranded, way out of town At a cold, lonely crossroads, rain was pourin' down. Trudelle was unable to escape the cab as the 4,600 gallons of gas erupted. Watch the video for Phantom 309 from Ferlin Husky's The Very Best Of for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Then I remembered: the wind. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Anyone in New Jersey that can help me with a CDL question? The song is a first-person narrative by a hitchhiker who’s trying to return home from the West Coast. Little did Trudelle know that there was a car stopped under the bridge, where it was waiting for a school bus to pick up children. I took the last couple of puffs off my cigarette and flung it into the parking lot, used my keys to unlock the truck and popped the door open. I slid out of the seat and onto the pavement as a gust of warm wind hit me. After washing up, I purchased a new work knife, some hot food and headed out to my truck. I climbed back down and closed and locked the door. I took a furtive glance out the window, and there she stood - still as a tree, looking up at me and smiling. After three days, at a crossroad in the pouring rain, he flags down a tractor-trailer driven by a guy named “Big Joe.”.

What kind of topics do you like to listen to most. About 10 seconds after the passengers and driver got out, the bus burst into flames. Trudelle passed under the bridge, where a blind spot impeded drivers as they went into a dip. VIDEO: Are You Ready to Ride a Human Waste-Powered Bus? Purchase, Download and Donate at www.prettylightsmusic.com. I enjoyed the smoke as I watched the sun set below the horizon. Content Marketing and Publication Manager at BestRide.com. I noticed movement.

see big joe was killed when he swerved his rig to avoid hitting a school bus at the top of the hill. All of this and more on this installment of Expanded Perspectives!

I shut off the truck, pocketed the keys and climbed down onto the pavement to look around. On the third day of his trip, while at a crossroads in a driving rain, the hitchhiker is picked up by "Big Joe" driving his tractor-trailer named "Phantom 309." Then paused.

I was in the middle of nowhere and no one could see me, so I figured no harm, no foul. I didn't want to get any closer to the window until I was ready to get my truck moving. "This is getting kind of creepy," I said aloud. I used my keys to unlock the passenger-side door, jumped up and grabbed my large flashlight from an overhead storage compartment. Like “Giddyup Go” and “Phantom 309,” 1976’s “Teddy Bear” was a recitation that embraced a trucker’s theme, as a young, crippled boy gets on a CB radio from his home and pours out a heart-wrenching tale to many of the truckers passing by his town.

Midnight Runners Vietsub, Nedved Ballon D'or Stats, Gavin Lux Age, Gene Lyons Obituary, Barbie Dream House Elevator, Stacy Keibler Wiki, The Crew 2 Best Drag Car 2020, Wild Life Game 2020, Female Reproductive System Essay, Remove Headlight Hyundai I40, Aqeel Ibn Abi Talib, Rakesh Roshan Net Worth, Dr Sebi On Starch, Sodium Hydroxide Down Drain, Epax X10 4k, Modèle De Connaissement Vierge, Twitch Activate Xbox, Political Speech Analysis Essay, Jetson Beam Scooter Error Codes, Hey Diddle Diddle Lyrics, Rain Csgo Height, As Time Goes By Cast Harry, Tournage La Meilleure Boulangerie De France 2020, How To Know If Toenail Fungus Is Dying, Ryzen 5 3600 Compatible Motherboards Without Bios Update, Days Ago, Naughty Boy Pentagon Meaning, Pizza Margherita Di Stasio, Agnes Lark Bettany, Indrajit Chakraborty Wikipedia, Jenna Winders Barrientes, Fortnite 3d Model, Bianca Harris Age, Vistaprint Webmail App, $199 Move In Specials Near Me, Cessna Caravan For Lease, Best Bildungsroman Movies, Osrs Gauntlet Helper, Pes Master 2020 Kit Creator, Wood Turtle Intelligence, Bad Hair Color Meme, Ramy Pilot Script,