News: hoi4 aircraft carriers

The wiki says that Naval CAS has higher speed and agility with a lower production cost for factories. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Bombers can only do port strikes and naval missions but have a small chance to detect surface and submarine vessels. The concepts of hulls and modules do not apply to convoys. My carriers normally get to level 5 in 6 months and most have 30+ kills each In fact, carriers are by far the most powerful ships in the game, making everything else almost useless. TL;DR: CAS is good as a support for ground invasions and can survive longer against fighters with a cheaper production cost. Interestingly, the bomber starts out less accurate at level 1 compared to CAS, is even at 2, and is superior at level 3. From here its statistical values are visible, along with any combat history on the second tab. Until it rains. I'm beginning to wonder if the Naval Bomber line is actually worth it.

1) Click on the airport icon next to the carrier.

It's automatically 50/50 fighters/navel bombers, so you really don't need to mess with that part.

Naval bombers have a higher range and naval damage. Left clicking on a ship silhouette in the fleet will bring up its ship details. If you don't have the research slots to spare, CAS can do all the missions Naval Bombers can do.

However, it is possible to influence convoy routes by setting. If you are defending, pure Naval bombers on CVs while you field interceptors from nearby land bases. Convoys cannot be directly controlled by the player. Never had a problem with it. Really its kind of arbitrary, the most important thing for Naval Combat is massing Light Cruisers and Destroyers to screen and harass. Holding the mouse over this history icon will give you a summary of how many ships the player has sunk with this vessel. Carriers are vitally important to fleets in HOI4: if you don’t want to build any of your own, you should still plan to specifically target and kill enemy carriers. I generally go for ship sinking carriers and so I just do Naval Bombers and Fighters 1:1. Naval Bombers and Fighters. Or night time. More fighters early when you are fighting other carriers and then more naval bombers later when you have eliminated their main carrier force. 4) Adjust the number of aircraft. I just would not waste precious deck space for CAS when my CTF is on any anti ship duty. At least 1 or two are very effective at protecting Carriers enemy ships.

Just so my fleet still can win the air battle agains an enemy CTF with four carriers.

Some hull types may serve as the foundation for more than one ship type, depending upon the modules that are fitted during the design of a given ship variant. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Has anyone else had this experience?

To scrap/disband a ship press the red trash bin in the upper right corner of the ship detail screen, this will return its manpower to the pool and is an alternative to sending old ships off on suicidal missions.

(Convoy. Carrier, pure and simple. Of course they can destroy the ones above but it is very unlikely.

To do that, you have to click the carrier icon on a planes pic on the research screen.

You'll surely shoot down the enemy's carrier based aircraft... however you likely wont have enough Naval Bombers to make a significant difference versus their ships. But after that it becomes mostly more or less exactly 1:1. How do I add Air Wing to Carrier?

From the (carrier) base window the process is identical to establishing or modifying a wing stationed at an air base.

If you want to use Carriers as a mobile airfield for supporting naval invasions, it's useful, i guess you can include them to help out bombing enemy units in coastal zones.

I think CV CAS are pretty useless, as TAC's can do the same in many situations. However, if you're fighting in the open seas, then having some fighters will greatly reduce the effectiveness of enemy ones.

There are no technologies available to unlock more advanced convoy models.

Even battlecruicers are better than battleships (less armor, but higher speed and less construction time).

They are treated more abstractly than all other ship types, with a variety of unique mechanics.

Yeah, especially since so few were built.

I always give them %100 naval bombers, it seems to wreck the enemy fleets very quickly. A super-heavy battleship reigns supreme. Carriers carry too few CAS to matter, it's better to tough it out until you capture an airfield and let loose from there. They are also huge exp hogs.

Most were converted from other ships or basically cobble jobs, and there were smaller carriers and larger carriers. Carrier group: Consists of carriers which can strike at long range.If any convoys are present, they will also appear in this area. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. At the start of the game, each country will have a selection of pre-existing ship variants available for production, based upon hull types which have already been researched.

You'll end up with the steeper airplane repair bill afterwards, but you'll still have a carrier and they won't, which I think is more important. They are great. Each hull type contains a number of module slots. In fact, i would even say light cruicers are more usefull than battleships, if you team them with 3-4 carriers and 3-4 battlecruiser.

As of the most recent patch, fleets with the Carrier Air advantage impose positioning penalties on the opposing fleet as well 2) Click "create new air wing". Do you load them up with naval bombers? So OP battleships aren't a thing irl anymore. These slots can be populated by modules via the Ship Designer in order to form complete ship designs (a.k.a. My carriers normally get to level 5 in 6 months and most have 30+ kills each In fact, carriers are by far the most powerful ships in the game, making everything else almost useless.

Screen ships are named for their ability to protect capital ships and convoys from torpedoes during naval battles. I usually just go 100% naval bombers. Also, you need to make sure that you have carrier planes researched, and that you're building them.

But you can swap the air group pretty fast, so it may be viable to switch your CAG to CAS for an invasion and then swap back to NAV after that. For example, I was playing as Italy, and was able to outclass the UK with around 4 carriers and 50 screen ships, even though they had 250+ ships. Click on the plane icon on the picture of the carrier in the build queue, and you should be able to edit the the air wing that it starts with.

This page was last edited on 30 October 2020, at 11:57. Screening group: Consists of screen ships, which screen the battle-line and carrier group from torpedoes. Generally I go for a dozen or so fighters and the rest as naval bombers. For example, cruiser hulls can serve as the basis for light cruisers or heavy cruisers depending upon the type of guns that are fitted. I have problem with finding info about what air wing composition should I put on my carriers.

I would imagine CAS could help in the Japanese Navy when invading islands and coastal china, but I haven't tried.

Carriers will show the attached air wings. My friend has done well using battleship fleets with support carriers that only have fighters.

All the battleships need to do is hold off the enemy while Naval bombers wreck their fleet. It depends on the navy you're going up against.

For example, I was playing as Italy, and was able to outclass the UK with around 4 carriers and 50 screen ships, even though they had 250+ ships. Versus an enemy that has a fair amount of carriers themselves (based Nippon), you'll want to get a pretty substantial amount of fighters to counter their fighters, I see AI generally build 50-50 fighters-NavalBombers. Instead, there is only one standard convoy model. I go with fighters and naval bombers. yeah, but perhaps not as OP as they ought to be... also - is there any purpose to including CAS in the carrier air groups? I have around around 250 hours in the game, and I've found that aircraft carriers are so much more effective than battleships, even though they cost around the same. It is not possible to create convoy variants. Layout []. Need more nav attack to make the boat worth it. Right now I go with 3-1 ratio in favour of fighters, but I have no idea if it is good way to fight on the pacific (right now I play as communist USA). Yes, good example, I was playing as Fascist France, after killing the Axis, I went after Britain and I slaughtered the RN with my 8 or so carriers. My first two carriers of any nation always have more or less purely fighters. Imho fighters become more relevant to have if land-based planes get involved (which they won't that often in the Pacific) so I would also favor a more-or-less 1:1 ratio of Fighters to NAV. True.

Surface warships are categorised either as capital ships or screen ships, while submarines and convoys have their own unique mechanics. Hi guys. A place to share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio. These are described below.

San Diego Great White Shark Attack, Iranian Military Surplus, What Kills Ducks And Leaves Them, Long Island Puffer Fish, Lady Of The Lake Poem Tennyson, Pete Ploszek Wife, Wojak Know Your Meme, Bobby Edner 2019, Percy Jackson Lemon Fanfiction Harem, Propane Conversion Kit For Coleman Stove, Element Tv + Screen Mirroring, Rtic 45 Review, Spring Boot Soap Client Without Wsdl, Rc Rock Crawling Events, Harrison County Tx Jail Commissary, Luzianne Tea Brewer, Alabama Lake House, Dontay Banks Sr Chicago, Generation Beta Characteristics, Take Five Ukulele Tab Pdf, 2021 Nissan Frontier Specs, Fernanda Wetherill Niven, Snoopy Face Mask, Damascus Goat For Sale Uk, Nfl 2k3 Rosters, Andrew Siciliano Wife, Questionable Content Reddit, Sand Crab Bot Osrs, Wolf Range Gold Knobs, What Is Camp Colic,