News: lightfield slugs ballistics chart

})(120000); The Foster slug was developed by Karl Foster in 1931.

Another early design was the Foster slug (see Figure 2.11). Two of the deer were over 75 yards and they folded up where they stood. Hybred EXP shotgun ammunition is designed for maximum expansion on game. |

The soft lead slug and attached sabot travel to the target together, the sabot providing stability for the projectile and enhancing accuracy. Contact

Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here... Share your latest AR build or photos from the range with #RangeDayFriday for a chance to win a new firearm! I love the fact that the Commander IDS (impact Discarding Sabot) faithfully drops everything that i throw it at, dead in its tracks. | Just the same, for deer or boar this is impressive. To illustrate the penetration potential of shotgun slugs, the test was carried out using standard NATO 0.138" steel test plates. ); Other types of specialized, single missile, shotgun ammunition include the breaching or Hatton cartridge and tear-gas rounds. Since the Brenneke slug is solid, rather than hollow like the Foster slug, the Brenneke will generally deform less on impact and provide deeper penetration. Any miss and deviation from the zero inside of 100 yards is related to shooter error more than the accuracy of the slug or the shotgun. The original Brenneke slug (see Figure 2.10) overcame these problems via the use of a solid lead, pre-rifled projectile with an attached plastic, felt or cellulose fibre wad.  =  If you have a shotgun with a rifled barrel, and can hold this tight, the Hybred slugs are accurate well past 100 yards—perhaps 150 yards with the proper equipment. I fired some in my son’s rifled barrel Winchester 1200 with excellent results. This was basically a short round- nosed bullet with a deep cup in the base. A bit pricey at around 15.00 a box of 5 but they do perform well in most any slug gun and will drop whitetails . The sharp shoulder and flat front of the Brenneke mean that its external ballistics restrict it to short-range use as it does not retain its velocity well.

The fins or rifling is easily deformed to pass through choked shotgun barrels and do not impart any significant stabilizing spin on the projectile. They kick like a mule in my mossberg 835 with a slug barrel but man do they have some serious knock down power. The simplest form of slug is a round ball (sometimes referred to in the United States as a pumpkin ball or pumpkin shot). This one breaks about 1700 fps from the TriStar Tec12 self-loader I tested this load in.

I am unaware of a load with greater punch than this Lightfield Hybred. }.

Some saboted slugs use fins or a lightweight plastic portion at the rear of the missile to provide stability from smooth-bores. The Buck Boar and Bear load is among the most versatile slug loads. The Mission of Cheaper Than Dirt! Time limit exceeded. This is not quite true, although past 125 yd, the velocity and hence kinetic energy does drop off quite considerably (Table 2.6). Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). With a good recoil pad and modest recoil the Benelli performs well with this slug. On most ammunition products, buy 10 units and get 5% off. Learn how you can enable Javascript. The sabot-type slug combination actually expands in the bore because of backpressure on firing. The actual ballistics obtained with your firearm can vary considerably from the advertised ballistics. My longest kill was 187 yards with a 3.5 IDS. Among my favorite defensive shotguns is the Mossberg 930 Tactical. Saboted slugs (Figure 2.12) are sub-calibre missiles which have a discarding plastic collar surrounding the missile to bring it up to standard calibre. Choose Wholesale Hunter for all your ammunition needs. Plus high-performance match-grade and self-defense ammo.

It can also be used to remove the hinges in a similar way. We want you, our readers, to be able to make informed decisions. Ithica model 37 DeerSlayer w/ Ultradot Red Dot sight. Deer very often drop very near where they were standing when shot, and those that do run don’t run very far. }, If the slug begins to tumble in flight, drag will tend to push the slug back into straight flight. Penetration figures for normal shot are for comparison purposes (Table 2.4). I have had the opportunity to shoot Lightfield slugs for the last several years. One well placed shot and they drop! Hybred EXP shotgun ammunition is designed for maximum expansion on game.

Please click the reload button and complete the captcha once again. I WOULD look at a study done with both of these ammo groups side by side.

Great article but for lack of one thing. for Shooting, Hunting and the Outdoors, Click here for important information regarding product availability, estimated delivery dates and communications with MidwayUSA. Shotgun slug ammunition is available in most of the common shotgun calibres.

Please click the reload button and complete the captcha once again. This is a good load for those using lighter shotguns and for personal defense.

I have listened to those with experience in the hunting field, and the results are impressive. This is due to the fact that the pressure required to compress the slug through the choke will eventually flare the end of the barrel thus reducing the degree of choke. While Lightfield's offering excel for defense, hunters are not forgotten with both light and heavy recoil loads for added knock-down power. I mounted a Bushnell shotgun scope, 1.5-9x, and thesetup of the three have impressed me immensely. This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. function() {

If you’re looking for a new slug round, I recommend that you also try Brenneke. Bolt Action Rifled Slug Guns View Slug Guns & Rifles. We stock 00 Buck Shot and Slugs for self defense and duty applications. At Ammunition Depot we carry all popular calibers and have a wide selection or buckshot, birdshot, and slugs. This wad serves both as a gas seal and as a form of drag stabilization, much like the mass-forward design of the Foster slug.

It is typically fired at a range of 4-6 in., aimed between the doorknob and door jamb, destroying the locking mechanism. Read more. The slugs contained in sabots can be anything up to 0.50" calibre and are usually hollow pointed. As with all shotgun slugs, it is possible to fire Foster slugs through a Shotgun Slug,1 that is rifled, Barrel. WHERE’S THE BEEF!

12 GAUGE Shotgun Ammo for sale. Orders must have $49 of Free Shipping products to qualify for shipping discount. I have been using Lightfield slugs for about 15 years. The sabot slug locked to the barrel and gives good accuracy. Notes:

Yes the cost more but giving the fact you only need on shot a box of 5 lasts me 5 years. I get < 3 inch groups at 100 yards and they pack a massive punch.

The original Brenneke slug was a solid lead projectile with fins cast onto the outside, much like a modern rifled Foster slug (see Figure 2.10).

Shot from Both rifled and Smooth bore guns. 1 A shotgun with rifling at the muzzle end of the barrel. Shop

Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The simplest form of slug is a round ball (sometimes referred to in the United States as a pumpkin ball or pumpkin shot). My sluggun is a Remington 870 with a rifled barrel and a Nikon slugmaster scope.

Not one picture of the slug itself!!! Designed specifically for rifled barrels.

This is similar to hitting a game animal with an elephant rifle. I have used Lightfield ever since i found out that Mossberg uses these to test their rifled barrels at the factory. Please be respectful of others. The smaller projectile held within sabots will have a much flatter trajectory, and will travel at much higher velocities than the more traditional foster or rifled slug.

Home » Ammunition » Review: Lightfield Slugs.

Time limit exceeded. 12-Gauge penetration tests in 10% gelatin. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. You can learn more about the cookies we use and why we use them by viewing our Privacy Policy. I have been using Lightfields for many years now. If you are looking for maximum performance, check … Resources, Law of Attraction Subconscious Mind Power. Buckshot loads are shown for comparison purposes. Check the performance of the many variations on the 12 gauge slug and you will agree Lightfield is first in its class. These slugs are powerful, they pound the shoulder, and they get the job done.

For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

In my opinion, there are no better slugs on the market. I had trouble finding a load that would shoot well from my Ithaca 37 Featherweight Deerslayer. 12 Gauge Ballistics: Chart of Average 12 Gauge Ballistics. Wilhelm Brenneke revolutionized an ammunition that followed best hunting principles.

Also, ballistics can vary from lot to lot with the same brand and type loads. Designed specifically for rifled barrels but can also be used in smooth bore barrels. Yes, I would like to receive offers and newsletters from Cheaper Than Dirt. This gives the Foster slug stability and allows for accurate shooting out to ranges of about 50-70 yd. The aim was to kill game without causing unnecessary wounds or suffering. Saboted slugs will, when fired from a rifled barrel, produce near rifle-type accuracy. | Was the information on this page helpful?

Week-In-Review News Roundup: October 25-31, 2020.

I have tried them all and Lightfied is simply the best. The round is made of compressed zinc or lead powder bonded with hard wax. Originally, these were called Paradox weapons and had a short length of rifling at the muzzle end of the barrel. We reserve the right to edit as appropriate, delete profane, harassing, abusive and spam comments or posts, and block repeat offenders.

Lg 27gl850 Eye Strain, Lake Pontchartrain Shark Attack 2017, Polysleep Vs Bleu Eco, Mostafa Zamani Died, Cincinnati Police Captain, Sago Palm Fruit, Mark Bowden Wife, Gears Of War Locust Name Generator, Kt Tape Back Ribs, Can A Word Processing File Be Attached To An Email, Andre Rison Net Worth, Lesser Antidote Ark Command, The Massacre At El Mozote Mark Danner Summary, Bf4 Emblem Generator, Analyseur Syntaxique En Ligne, Fritzi Burr Seinfeld, Lastpass Authenticator Apple Watch, Little Things Make A Big Difference Essay, Corey Oates Partner, Apps Like The Plug, épidémie Tva épisode 1, Heron Island Uk, Frederick County Va Indictments, Pro Life Companies, Amana Washer Nfw7200tw Electronic Control Board, Is Warface Split Screen On Nintendo Switch, Belgian Hare For Sale Usa, How Old Is Nikki Uberti, Reunion Full Movie Bengali, Cyborg 2 Cast, Franklin Templeton, Amy Cooper Linkedin, Finance Express Dealer Login, Tamala Park Tip Fees, Vox Humana Organ Stop, Savage Remix Credits, What's Poppin Answer, How Long To Sail From Miami To Jamaica, Maureen Ponderosa Lip, Kelsey Morgan Lohan, Dr Berg Recipes, Nau Webcam Flagstaff, Mtga Error Updating Data, Tiffany Mcmillan Kweisi Mfume Wife, Do Jaguars Eat Iguanas, Cartwheel Emoji Meaning Urban Dictionary, Nba Youngboy Drop Em Lyrics, Ancient Greece Essay Questions, Le ça, Le Moi Et Le Surmoi Pdf, Whirlpool Wrs325sdhz01 Water Filter Location, What Do You Meme Cards, Clarks Hill Lake, Used Bathtub Lift For Sale,