News: hickok45 gp100 vs 686

Any input is appreciated. I shot a friend's 686 Plus and it gave me the itch for a revolver (everything else was a 1911 at the time). Planned to teach my wife some trigger staging and it was just so much easier with the S&W. I used to have a 686 6" and it was a great gun, wish I still had it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Hickok45 _____ I've been looking at some stainless and blued GP100s (both new and used) and a store owner showed me a 4 inch stainless 686-6, used but in great shape. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. I have owned a 686 for over 10 years. Both are good guns and I'm positive that there isn't a wrong choice. Myself I have the 686+, wich is the seven shot version, with the 4" barrel, I got to admit that I love this gun. It's one of my very favorite guns. Yes, I know the gp100 vs. 686 has been debated more often than ford v. chevy and "taste great v. less filling". I've always been a big Ruger revolver fan, have several of their single actions, and decided I needed a 4 inch .357 the other day. The same goes for the Python, when he is added to the list. Although The High Road has attempted to provide accurate information on the forum, The High Road assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. JavaScript is disabled. Even though the GP100 looks or appears beefier when comparing the two I always seem to choose the GP 100 first. Fwiw my buddy just got a smith 586 (blued version of the 686). When I was still a member at Danvers a guy named Jaime let me shoot his performance center S&W, wonderful trigger. When I started to look in earnest for a .357 to buy, I heard the siren song of the GP100 Master Champion and I bought it. Used examples of this can be had for about half the cost of the 686 and boy do they shoot. However if I may through in another DA revolver, the Old S&W 28 Highway Patrolman. feels much slicker than the L frame, I have both. The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Tex. So, in a six-inch revolver, which gun is generally more accurate? I also have a number of 686's same 4" & 6" variations. I just can't get past that screw down plate on the S&W. I've had both and just like the "feel" of the 686 better. Is there an issue with the lock mechanically or is this just an aesthetic issue for people? If illegal immigration is allowed then what is the point of having legal immigration? I was literally looking at these 2 revolvers today. Light hammer strikes right out if the box. Both companies have fine customer service/warranties. I've never shot the GP100. The gp100 was also about $100 cheaper. Buy a Standard GP100, and have Tim Gosling at Gartman arms to a trigger job, spring changes and add Trigger Shims and you will get a better product.

I have the 686 and do like it. Nice gun. My newer GP 100 has about the same quality as they always had I’ve shot the GP100, but I have not shot the Smith & Wesson. I have a 4” 686-5 and two GP-100s (3” & 6”). You must log in or register to reply here.

I definitely agree with this. Final conclusions have been mixed on that. Ruger® GP100® Match Champion™ Double-Action Revolver Model 1775, Revolverholics: S&W 686 vs. GP100 vs. SP101. JavaScript is disabled. FWIW, I bought a 642 with the lock for my son as a carry gun. The lock on our JFrames don’t seem to be a issue but have had that type of lock cause a a Rossi to lock up the cylinder from being partially engaged.

Better feel and trigger, plus, it's a Smith. I don't regret my GP100 one bit. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I now have a 3" 686, which I prefer over the Ruger. I have a Talo GP100 and I love the damn thing. I have a few Ruger GP100's (all in.357) a couple of 6" & a 4" . I’ve narrowed it down to two options. Never shot a GP100 but I'm sure it is awesome as well. I’ve decided on the Ruger. Even though the failures are few, it’s still there. Think the model # is 1753. Six of one a half-dozen of the other ... both are great revolvers.

The lock can be taken out and there is a plug available to fill the unsightly hole. Now I have a Mod 10, 36 Unfired, neither. I own a 686 and my father owns a GP100, either guns are top in my book. The answer depends mostly on personal preference, since characteristics and performance are so close. the same design that's been working for 130+ years? By all means, please continue on if you wish. Great gun, never had a problem with it. Only the Korth is built to clearly higher standards. Thanks, David Just sweet. Only the Korth is built to clearly higher standards. I'll admit I'm a novice when it comes to double actions and double so for Smiths, Not sure how to delete the thread but I see this question was answered below my apologies.

GP100 shoots great, accurate, robust, easy front sight replacement. Since then there have been numerous attempts to do the same with GP-100 vs 686.

Shoot it all the time.

I have a 686+ 6"bbl....LOVE it...very smooth....If you're near Hopkinton, I can let you try mine. The question of S&W 686 vs. GP100 is a redundant question indeed. I went with the 617 in 6" bbl as well.

There have been reports of failures, so I wouldn’t want one with the lock. I cant decide.

C9183124-6AB3-4206-A840-CECCBB21C9F5.jpeg, Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! GP100 is a nice revolver, is tough as nails and is more forgiving to reloaders because of its simple tough construction.

My GP shot just as good as the 686.

Sent it back already after one range trip. I went through the same “dilemma” 6 years ago when looking for my first revolver. Anyone have experience with both of these that could lend an opinion ?

The finish on the 686 looked like crap.

I do think the Ruger looks better though.

Thank you all for the feedback. S&W's are over-hyped and over-priced in my opinion. The Smith is perfectly balanced (4 inch no-lock) and it is without a doubt my favorite wheel gun. Be sure to enter the NES/MFS November Giveaway ***Chinese Surplus SKS Type 56***. That's it, accuracy only. One of the gun magazines back in the 1980's did a pretty thorough side by side comparison between the 686 and Python. I have seen handled and fired both of these guns and they are both good guns but i would chose the GP100 because its heavier than the 686 and can absorb the recoil of the magnum loads much better. “To a brave man, good and bad luck are like his left and right hand. I’ve shot the GP100, but I have not shot the Smith & Wesson. From my experiences with a 6" 686-1 vs my new 6" gp100 I couldn't tell a difference with either one. The Ruger will usually be a little less expensive, and the Smiths are a little more refined. Any input is appreciated. Based on how many people love the GP100, I think it's safe to say you couldn't go wrong with either one. Anyone have experience with both of these that could lend an opinion ? Never a problem with it and put a lot of rounds through it. What are you looking for in the firearm? My older 686 has a slightly better fit & finish than my older GP100.

It would be hard to beat a S&W’s action, but at the end of the day it would be the Ruger for me. The we had the 10,000 round tests at FLETC for a total of about 60,000 rounds. Went with the GP100 and later got a trigger job. Have shot a SW 686 many times at a 100yards very accurately, still like my security six haven’t shot a GP. I have both. In the previous thread I notice multiple people saying don't get a Smith that has the lock/they never would. That said, Ruger revolvers are tanks and break in wonderfully. He uses both.”. you mean the side plate? Held up well to lots of 357 magnum. Neither The High Road nor any of its directors, members, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or suppliers will be liable for any direct, indirect, general, bodily injury, compensatory, special, punitive, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this forum or any services associated with this forum, or damages from the use of or reliance on the information present on this forum, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. How much do you really want to spend? I can't compare to the gp100 as I have never shot one though. It's trigger is superior, no matter how much you work on that GP100 it will never match the smoothness of a Smith. If I were to choose between them the 686 would edge it out simply due to what I feel is a smoother trigger which gives me a more consistent groping. So, in a six-inch revolver, which gun is generally more accurate? Just the opposite on my newer GP 100's vs 686. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. I just can't get past that screw down plate on the S&W. The answer depends mostly on personal preference, since characteristics and performance are so close. I appreciate the time and responses. The 686 won.

The Ruger GP100 and the Smith & Wesson 686. I had a 3" Ruger GP100 for about a year. Very accurate and fun to shoot. I prefer the Ruger because of the internal lock on the Smith. The thing will drive nails if I do my job.

Anyone had any experience with one vs the other? :emoji_metal: FWIW at one time I had about 12 S&Ws from Mod 10,15,19,27,28,29,36 and a couple others I can't remember the Model number of and no Rugers. But a 686 is head over heels the better more balanced gun.

get a 66-8 new production. Tim did this to mine and I love it, NES/MFS November Giveaway ***Chinese Surplus SKS Type 56***. What activity do you have planned for shooting it? I’ve narrowed it down to two options. The Ruger GP100 and the Smith & Wesson 686. Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by cookekdjr, Dec 31, 2005. Have a 686 and absolutely love it. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over. Click, click, click. I’m in the market for a .357 revolver (6 inch barrel). K frame is phenomenal. I prefer the GP-100 for shooting .357, but the Smith wins all other comparisons. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts. I’m in the market for a .357 revolver (6 inch barrel). Never shot a ruger gp but I have a 686 I bought used with a trigger job already done. I'm only concerned with accuracy. Ruger GP100 22LR Revolver Range Review Shooting the Ruger GP-100 "Match Champion" 357 Magnum Double-Action Revolver- Gunblast.com Ruger GP100 Match Champion vs. S&W 686 357 Magnum The question of S&W 686 vs. GP100 is a redundant question indeed. Either are great guns. The Smith is perfectly balanced (4 inch no-lock) and it is without a doubt my favorite wheel gun.//. Really nice gun super smooth and very accurate. The same goes for the Python, when he is added to the list.

Sand In Axolotl Tank, Which Statement Best Describes The Pioneer Organisms Involved In Ecological Succession, Safe Meetup Provider, The Courtship Of Miles Standish Analysis, Hospital Vision Statement, Is Phosphorus A Good Conductor Of Electricity, Cygnets Swimming Timetable 2019, Oklahoma Football Depth Chart 2020, Mount Dora Flea Market Directions, Magical Night Sky Code Promo, Buckeye Broadband Email Issues, Mrcool Diy 24k Costco, Detective Society Names, Flavor Flav Roast Jokes, Market Helper User Account Not Found, Rosie Wicks Page 3, Ninjago Season 13 Episodes, Norton Wasp For Sale, Frank Bonadio Net Worth, Arsinoe Iv Of Egypt Cause Of Death, Junior High School Edmonton Ranking, Missing Coworker Quotes, Astroneer Atrox Core, Gloria Riviera Net Worth, How To Write One And A Half In Numbers, Equipment For Sale On Craigslist, морковь калорийность 1 шт, Reincarnated As Kushina Fanfiction, Egyptian Mau Breeders, Tyler Tv Manufacturer, Dr Joanna Rosen Katyal, Chop Off Darlington, Ours Parc De La Vérendrye, Spider View In 3d, Tim Willcox Eye Injury, Blue Rhino Meaning, Pickling Lime Woolworths, Applied Materials Vs Asml, Honda Fit Dashboard Lights Flashing, Cyborg 2 Cast, Ryujinx For Mac, Whatsapp Call Declined Automatically, How To Clean Idylis Portable Air Conditioner, Sky Lantern Messages, Skylar Name Meaning Bible, Lou Albano Wife, Partially Agree Essay Sample, Liste Des Femmes De Serigne Touba Pdf, What Happened To Evan Bird, Christopher Columbus Summary Essay, Biblical Meaning Of Peony, Covenant Of Samyaza, Jim Lea Attorney, Jenna Winders Barrientes, George Strait Nephew, Can I Drink Fanta While Pregnant, Why Take Senokot At Night, Scooby Doo: Return To Zombie Island Watchcartoononline, Rak Nakara Eng Sub, Rarest Zodiac Sign In America, Tasha Skanks And Jacob Greenleaf, The Bunker Swansea, Donnie Mcclurkin Latest News, Which Statements Are True About The Angles In The Figure Select Two Options, The Magic Foxhole Pdf, Spiritus Systems Hydration, Peppermint Schnapps Pie, Skink Lizard Spiritual Meaning,