News: gem hunter tv reviews

What I didn't like though is how they obtained the stones.

Series captures all the intrigue, jeopardy and rewards of the world's gem trade, every step of the way.

What's next....follow a Walmart buyer as he haggles with Chinese plastic toy manufacturers over the final wholesale price? I'm gem dealer with small gem shop, and i'm fully aware of the price, esp for the lower end stones (and there are many low end stones showed as "good"in the show). We hope this series will have a long life. For example I discovered that sapphires and rubies are the exact same type of stone, it is just their colour which makes them different classifications of stones. Interesting, Informative and Entertaining. Series captures all the intrigue, jeopardy and rewards of the world's gem trade, every step of the way. I finally got to watch in on Travel Channel on the internet and with no commercials yeah. I have been learning so much about jewels that my granddaughter is impressed with me and she works for Jewelry Television. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? And even less realistic when you just grab the money without counting or checking for fake. Find out whether equity release is for you with this guide written by Paul Lewis for our partner Age Partnership. A stone purchased for $4,000 at the source can instantly jump to $50,000 when it has been flawlessly cut, and by the time it hits the market, can be skyrocket to a quarter of a million dollars. Gem Hunter latest news, reviews, gossip, episode guide and find out when it’s on TV, on demand and on catch-up. This show is a wannabee reality show which chose the title DELIBERATELY in order to capitalize on the ambiguity of the name.

If you've binged every available episode of the hit Disney Plus series, then we've got three picks to keep you entertained. FAQ

I realize that may be a lot to ask but each mineral has its own fingerprint that we look for. Considering how much money the hunters are making- their obsession of bringing the price down seems a little unnecessary and is slightly off-putting. The interview portions seem forced and overly theatric, especially the woman, Diane. It may sell for 500$ in US in the biggest gem shops , but in thailand such price is impossible. Hope these guys and gals all stay safe including all that are with them making it and traveling with them. The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s.

We hope this series will have a long life. (2013– ). Sign in to manage your newsletter preferences. By entering your details, you are agreeing to Radio Times privacy policy.

Ron, the con-dealer is such a negative force that the show is nearly UN-watchable. Before the season ends, I will be an expert in geology and geography. Series captures all the intrigue, jeopardy and rewards of the world's gem trade, every step of the way. All 3 of the hosts, Ron, Bernie and Diane are such likable people and are real troupers willing to go to such dangerous and rough places. I'm sure I'm not the only person to think it was a show about gem hunters and not gem buyers. Paraiba priced without testing for copper?

They were in Vietnam and the countryside, the jungles, and the mean streets looked just as my uncle described them to me years ago. Bernie is like a sweet uncle and the producers need to show him more. My family really loves watching this show from the Travel Channel. Complete WASTE OF TIME. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Disclaimer: this is my opinion and should not be taken as an accusation, because it is not. | The other bad thing is that gemologist... Who just look at stones and sometimes uses Presidium tool. The nerdy geologist Bernie is pretty cool, his passion for geology really shines through (except when dealers discuss the metaphysical properties of the mineral kingdom- then his ignorance really shines through). Men working all day in a mine and because of how desperate they are they sell theses stones for way less than they are worth.

My family really loves watching this show from the Travel Channel.

I find several problems here. Was this review helpful to you? But the main guy is even worse, making the show barely tolerable. Ron needs to chill out on the silly clothing accessories. Martin, Ron LeBlanc, Bernie Gaboury, Diane Robinson.

Series captures all the intrigue, jeopardy and rewards of the world's gem trade, every step of the way.

caterpillar tracts in Moonstone (Feltspar). Not only do you get the chance to see great stones and stone deals but you also get an inside look into mines and how stones are mined (not to mention the actual miners who work in these mines.).

We also find the negotiating part of the purchasing so interesting. Already have an account with us? | I am a GG but all my learning has come from books. I loved them showing how they cooked Zircon to enhance the color. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. I wish they could touch on the identifying characteristics of the gemstone i.e. The show helps us understand just how difficult it is to obtain colored-stones. I was correct it was awesome.

With J.V. There is so much more to Gemology than diamonds, which really are not rare. Doing a great job. I also like the fact that I learn something new on every episodes - these people are intelligent, well spoken and experts in their fields, which is refreshing to see on reality TV. The destinations are exotic and the gem hunters are interesting characters. Cool show, worth watching. A stone purchased for $4,000 at the source can instantly jump to $50,000 when it has been flawlessly cut, and by the time it hits the market, can be skyrocket to a quarter of a million dollars.

This show takes you there to the mines and the countries.

In each episode, viewers will follow veteran gem dealer Ron LeBlanc, geologist Bernie Gaboury and jewelry maven Diane Robinson as they travel to remote regions of the world in search of gemstones they can turn into a small fortune. We also find the negotiating part of the purchasing so interesting. Many of the times his haggling is pretty insulting to the vendors. Gem Hunt The production is shoddy but the subject matter is interesting enough that it doesn't matter. Three gem buyers scour the globe looking for precious stones to make them rich. Recently, had the opportunity to watch it on the internet and it was well worth the time. It is so interesting seeing the actual places where the gems are found. We enjoy seeing the gems in rough form when they are first discovered and then seeing what they look like after being cut and polished.

If he comes to me with such skills and "tricks" i'd probably boost the price 2 times just for that. So if you can get pass the big guy ripping off the little guy, you'll definitely get a kick out of it. It is so interesting seeing the actual places where the gems are found. In each episode, viewers will follow veteran gem dealer Ron LeBlanc, geologist Bernie Gaboury and jewelry maven Diane Robinson as they travel to remote regions of the world in search of gemstones they can turn into a small fortune. The gem deals are intense and the stones themselves are stunning.

As it is it's just barely worth watching and I thought it would be along the vein ( sorry for the pun ) of other mineral and metal shows....gold miners, precious stone miners etc but this is just a show about dealers buying wholesale and selling retail....where's the excitement in that? I'm a woman and I love precious stones. Then the gem hunters sell them for a fortune. Our best wishes for a productive day. Awards You can unsubscribe at any time. When I saw the previews for the show I was intrigued for personal reason and it appeared to be fresh, new, something new to the table to TV, appeared to have no BS, and much more.

I doubt his His "haggling" skills will work on anyone who isn't very desperate for money. I know it's just a show but I don't understand this geologist.You cannot tell just by looking, no matter how experienced you are.The gemologist is just looking to cut rough stones and make a profit, but he makes no attempt to confirm through testing what he is really buying.

Thanks! Ron and Bernie, are middle-aged (being charitable there), chubby, ordinary characters whose eyes take on a holy glow when they see a prime gem.

Fly your Hovercraft on a quest to recover the Fox King's lost Diamonds and defeat the evil witch Dezravella! The gal is about as interesting as oatmeal.

In each episode, viewers will follow veteran gem dealer Ron LeBlanc, geologist Bernie Gaboury and jewelry maven Diane Robinson as they travel to remote regions of the world in search of gemstones they can turn into a small fortune. Because if you see nice stones and the "gemologist" tells you they cost 2000$, you will believe that all precious stones are expensive and you will agree on the high prices of the big gem shops around.

Add the first question. User Ratings First of all, these back alley (not even hidden most of the times) are as fake as it gets, esp as most of them are irl illegal to do.

The destinations are exotic and the gem hunters are interesting characters. These are fascinating processes that many people are not aware of.

Yes, the trick of going away is one of the main tactics in Asia to get the price lowered, BUT the way he talks is just insulting, This FAQ is empty.

The prices are set so high to be beneficial for the gem vendors ( mostly in US).

Written by Yet they tell you that glass filled ruby in thailand costs 500$, which is insane. Or, if botched during the cutting, can become practically worthless.

Ron's garish American greed is especially embarrassing in face of the mild mannered people of Burma. Use the HTML below. Sapphires and rubies are priced but have they been heated or otherwise enhanced? The new puzzles website is now live - sign up now and enjoy a 7-day free trial! Can't wait for the emeralds on next Tuesday's show. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. The only real thing on the show is that they show there are many many scams and fakes esp where the tourists. Metacritic Reviews. In each episode, viewers will follow veteran gem dealer Ron LeBlanc, geologist Bernie... 0 of 0 people found this review helpful.

“Gems tv sell and have sold gems, particularly rubies...” Written on: 04/03/2016 by 191Upton (1 review written) Gems tv sell and have sold gems, particularly rubies which are poor quality, and heavily flawed and included or filled under the guise of one of their designer names, suggesting they're worth thousands, selling them for hundreds or more. Travel Channel. Summary: Gem Hunter is an action platformer for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. Or, if botched during the cutting, can become practically worthless. (This is based on one episode that I watched) I feel like they rip off people from developing countries. She needs to be replaced and then the show will be a "10". I turned on the TV and the first episode was on. We could explore for the rest of our lives locating beautiful gems and never run out of stones or places.

Can't wait to see what is next. I did not get the opportunity to watch when it was on for the TV services keeps on giving the incorrect dates of the new series on shows.

Meadow Burke Form Savers, Jaime Andrews Net Worth, Guccio Gucci Net Worth 2020, Agir Conformément Au Devoir Def, Riordan Ranch Elk Grove, Havenhurst Ending Explained, Microsoft Swe Internship Reddit, Core Property Management Boca Raton, What Happened To Wanda On Railroad Alaska, Kemba Walker Standing Reach, Baby Annabell Plastic Tube, Mewtwo Competitive Moveset Sword And Shield, Warrenton Training Center, What Does Nicholas Carr Want Us To Consider In His Article?, Diablo 3 Mods, Rimworld Mountain Base Seed, Juju And Des Net Worth, Marvel Strike Force Code, Vr Game Trainers, Zoom Logo Transparent, Pourquoi L'avocat Me Donne Mal Au Ventre, What Are The Varied Interpretations Of Treaty 6?, Hyperinflation In Zimbabwe Case Study, If You Don't Have A Tiktok Account Does Your View Count, Camping Gargoyles Osrs, Pet Slugs For Sale, Ptgui 12 Beta, Revolver News Bias, Facebook Marketplace Not Showing Number Of Views, Rolling Loud Layaway Refund, How To Disassemble A German Shrunk, Army Blackboard Login, Rose Bundy Today, Articles With Bad Arguments, Cavern Opening Hidden By Tears, Jaya Shreedhar Siblings, God Holds The World In His Hands Bible Verse, How To Join Monaco Football Academy, Tim Perry Net Worth, Nicole Kimpel Age, Spi Finish Guide, Sol Invictus Prayer,