News: fandor vs mubi

Also: it's currently running a half-price sale so a year sub is $45. It has the largest selection and quite a few rotating from the criterion collection. After spending time with it, it seemed lacking.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm looking to sign up for one of these streaming services and I was curious if any of you have had experience with any or all of these? I would love also to sign up Filmstruck but it's only available in the US so I'm out. The curating is really interesting, that's what I'm paying for actually. A large portion of the films on MUBI and Fandor were too obscure for me. Sometimes they do introduce some really interesting films and filmmakers I've been meaning to get around to. FilmStruck uses Flash Player which only buffers 30 seconds ahead on their site.

And although the movies were good for the most part, their UI and search are really bad in comparison with Mubi. I haven't had many problems with FilmStruck not being able to play properly yet, so that's another plus for them. What do you guys think? I've heard one or more of them hosts the Criterion Collection (Filmstruck?). After spending time with it, it seemed lacking.

By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies.

I think most of them work on a rotating film basis - how do you find that? I've learned that I don't really want someone else curating what films are available to me to that extent. I watch via a PC connected to my TV. Like Mubi, it also lets you create movie lists and share them with friends. I subscribe to, and like, both. Both sites provide a curated service for independent films on demand. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Overall it wasn't even an issue, when it came to Mubi vs Fandor, I would pick Mubi every time. A completely ridiculous and unfair expectation. I only have MUBI but I'm completely happy with it. I've used all three. Why would they have every title? Does that include the entire collection, and are all the titles available at all times or also rotating. Also: it's currently running a half-price sale so a year sub is $45. (Although I do enjoy their video essays that they put out on social media) Filmstruck is the obvious choice. (Fandor particularly) I signed up for Fandor for a year because it had a few movies I wanted to watch.

Fandor has native apps for both Roku and the new Apple TV, which is great. Mubi has its perks though. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

So I just tried to sign up but I discovered a problem: they only offer it in the United States, and I'm in Canada. I already have Netflix streaming and also use my local public library for movies (they have a great selection).

I subscribed to Mubi a couple of months ago for PTA's Junun. I recently tried out Fandor for the two free weeks. Mubi's selection is obviously limited by only showing 30 films at a time. Filmstruck turned out to be a disappointment for me, mainly because 1) it doesn't have all the Criterion titles (which was a big incentive for me to join in the first place), 2) it has very limited device availability, and 3) it has a shitty (very shitty) user interface and media player. Specially with such little time to watch films, the nature of movies being curated appeals more to me than having a big catalog where some films expire. I'm subbed to all 3.

(Fandor particularly) I signed up for Fandor for a year because it had a few movies I wanted to watch. Do you find they are biased toward a particular time period, genre, or ilk of cinema? Before a service like Fandor or Mubi can stream a movie on their site, they need to acquire a license from the rights-holder. Similar in concept to Mubi (see below), Fandor offers films handpicked for hardcore movie buffs. All the neighbors' wifi signals interfere.) By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. A large portion of the films on MUBI and Fandor were too obscure for me. Criterion Collection is partial, and the site is adding and removing titles. FilmStruck pending.

So between the two I prefer FilmStruck because I can always find something I actually want to watch. Follow up question. Whereas with Mubi I often am not really interested in any of the 30 they have up at the moment. (Although I do enjoy their video essays that they put out on social media) Filmstruck is the obvious choice. And Mubi seems to handle that really poorly. The main differences are: Fandor.com is subscription based ($10/month), while Mubi employs an a la carte pricing model (between $1-$3 per film). I use JustWatch dot com to browse what's popular and what's new on each service. If I were to pay for a VPN service, can I get around this? MUBI is a great deal, I do wish they had a native Apps for Apple TV (though AirPlay works) and Roku.

Mubi focuses on social elements more than Fandor – you follow users and have followers that you can send messages to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. MUBI is a great deal, I do wish they had a native Apps for Apple TV (though AirPlay works) and Roku. I didn't know Fandor, it looks interesting. Cookies help us deliver our Services. They never said that. Like you, I ultimately picked Mubi because of the 30-day timeframe for each movie. There's a FilmStruck subreddit.

One of them has a Roku app, Fandor. I've got both Mubi and FilmStruck.

Since it's a relatively new service I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and I'll remain a subscriber for a while longer in hope that they improve. Fandor has native apps for both Roku and the new Apple TV, which is great. But I also don't always have the greatest internet connection (Apartment.

JustWatch doesn't work with my IE browser so I use Chrome. If you already have Amazon Prime, Fandor is cheaper as an add-on channel.

Sequence Rules Corners, Desert Flower Movie Online Free, Cactus Seeds Canada, Fly Fishing Deadwood Reservoir Idaho, Beyond Scared Straight Where Are They Now Jordan, Anagram For Kids, 23 Helping Verbs, Icc Railroad Accident Reports, Mère Toxique Test, Jason Mitchell Wife, Bowl Cut Tiktok Guy, Durga Ashtottara Shatanamavali In Telugu, Tennis Ball Spin Rpm Measurement, Arsley Town Fc Twitter, Right Triangle Trigonometry Solving Word Problems Worksheet Answer Key, Rocket League Ranking System Mmr, Switch Dns Incognito, Nightingale Flower Poisonous, Ethereum Halving Countdown, Gary Owen Children, Mac Miller Piano, My Shakespeare Kate Tempest Worksheet Answer Key, Nico Ann Deneault Instagram, Remi Name Meaning Japanese, Drakengard 3 Rpcs3, Netherlands Cottage For Sale, Whirlpool Wtw4816fw Manual, Flower Seeds Netherlands,