News: dj swiss so solid crew

For hip-hoppy stuff that's got more of a groove to it, I'd tend to use an MPC to program the drums on. Medusas Vibe in Bradford. Don't do what I did at first, and just go in there and not know what you're doing. Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. They actually left that radio station and went to start up their own one, and by that time I was getting all right, so I was the first DJ on the new radio station.". "I was a DJ before I was a producer," he says. DJ Swiss , So Solid Crew etc - Super S. youtu.be/n9SbtU... 0 comments.

The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers. Most of the leads and basses are, therefore, presets from one of his favoured modules, and when they are twisted around or distorted, it's much more likely to be through plug-ins applied in Logic at a later stage once the basic track has taken shape.

The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread. So Solid Crew are a British UK garage and hip hop collective originating from the area on and surrounding the Winstanley and York Road Estates in Battersea, London which achieved wide success in the early 2000s.

[22], In 2002, they were the subject of the Channel 4 television documentary This Is So Solid directed and narrated by David Upshal,[23][24] later released on DVD by Universal along with a live performance. I didn't always produce. All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2020. Darren Nash: Engineering For So Solid Crew. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). That's the best thing about it, because most British rappers are American-influenced. here Engineer and programmer Darren Nash has been working with Swiss and other So Solid Crew members at the Dairy since last October. Do You Feel Like You Have No One To Turn To. Oxide & Neutrino are members of UK garage group So Solid Crew. It's like competition, and it's the same with the MCs as well. The Crew are not a band as such, but a loose group of producers, rappers, singers, MCs and DJs, brought together under the leadership of So Solid supremo Megaman. [27] Group member Dwayne Vincent (Megaman) was also accused but was cleared after a retrial.[28]. This event occurred in October 2019. So Solid (live) Romeo MC - Megaman - DJ Swiss Oxide & Neutrino (live) Martin Larner DJ Cartier Rossi & Luca Lee Onyx MC's Mighty Moe (Heartless Crew) Sharky P Shantie Dappa **Live PA** Champion feat. 21 Seconds (Dj Swiss & Dan Da Man Remix Vocal) - So Solid Crew | Nghe nhạc hay online mới nhất chất lượng cao

share. I find it's when stuff's got swing that you notice that Logic's not really got great timing. My uncle used to play house music, and my brother was part of So Solid Crew — I wasn't actually in it at first, but they were on a radio station. ", The perennial problem for British rappers is that they end up sounding like a pale imitation of their American heroes, and it's been suggested that So Solid Crew might be the group to change this. That tune 'Something New', I think I made that Christmas 2000, and I'm here now.". Due to Covid-19, some areas may have local restrictions in place. When their planned tour of the UK had to be pulled after several venues banned them from appearing, some critics drew comparisons with The Sex Pistols. So Solid Crew is a large group which has expanded from 19 initial members to 30. No results were found for that selection. fairer and smarter way to discover music events they love.”, © 2001 - 2020 Skiddle Ltd  |  Skiddle is a registered trademark  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

"I'm influenced by my own crew — people like AC Burrell and Oxide. I got £200 and got myself in a studio, just to put myself on the spot really. Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates & SOS.

Bạn có thể click vào đây để đăng lời cho bài hát này. Coming from the DJ side, I kind of knew how it went, and I'd been in the studio and watched people before. Sometimes the engineers have got some samples as well. They know when it's right immediately — at the end of the take it's like 'That's the one.' save hide report. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below: Click here to view all reviews or add your own », Da Hub Radio's 1st Annual Halloween Showcase, RnB / Hip Hop / Dancehall / UK Garage / House / Bassline / Grime / Trap Plus A Live UK Garage P.A, Live P.A Bernice Perf 'Never Get Thru This', Mikey J , MC Nicky Talent, Miss Deep, Khvlid x TyTy (Da Grime Show | Da Hub Radio | La Femme), Hosted By Giltron Assassin (Da Hub Radio). ", The track Swiss and Darren are working on when I visit them at the Dairy shows a definite move away from the sound of They Don't Know towards a more hip-hop feel, with an obvious nod to the likes of Dr. Dre. Like many of his counterparts in So Solid Crew, Swiss contributes in several roles, as producer, writer and MC/vocalist: and like most of them, he came to music production through radio. [18] Skip and Frost hosted a 'So Solid Kids' show on Delight FM. to find out more. Because most of us came from the radio, and some of us were MCs from back in the day when jungle was big, we're not new to it, we've been doing it for a long time. South London collective of DJs, MCs, producers and … Don't miss out on the latest SO SOLID CREW - MEGA MAN, HARVEY & DJ SWISS tour dates - sign up to our newsletter. Principal sound sources for Swiss productions, as for most of the So Solid Crew, are Akai samplers and the Emu Proteus 2000, which are used for drums, along with the Novation Supernova, which provides most of the bass sounds that are so central to their productions. I'll use the beats in the Proteus, or I'll borrow one of AC Burrell's Zip disks and get some beats off that. Submit Corrections. I do use the [DDA] desk as well as Logic, though.

"A lot of time's passed since then, and now the production's got much better, we've got more ideas, more people in the crew, so it's a big improvement, and you'll hear that soon. So Solid Crews DJ Swiss,Twin MCs & Bernice Halloween @Medusa's. Sometimes choruses will get spun in, but the actual main flow they'll do in one take.". "I don't come in to the studio to do lyrics straight away. Khi bật tính năng Autoplay, Bài hát được đề xuất sẽ tự động phát tiếp. [19], Before breaking into the mainstream market, So Solid Crew were involved with many pirate radio stations in London, such as Supreme FM and Delight FM. no comments yet. Once I move out, I'll get my setup done properly. It's not hard to do, man. Don't misrepresent your country. Minimum Age: … Tìm. Oxide has also produced tracks on Lisa Maffia's debut album, First Lady, and the track "Industry Lady" on Face's mixtape Sign 2 the Block. Friday 25th October 2019.

", The So Solid Crew emphasis is very much on performance, and although every vocal is double-tracked to make it sound more forceful, there's an absolute minimum of editing and comping. So Solid Crews DJ Swiss,Twin MCs & Bernice Halloween @Medusa's tickets. "All producers out there, let me say this now: make sure you have an idea before you get in the studio!"

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address. Like the Pistols, So Solid Crew are the leading representatives of a massively popular underground movement, but that's where the similarity ends. I'm not trying to speak American, I'm representing the UK flavour and the UK accent, whatever. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. Occasionally I've had to retime double-tracked vocals slightly, but they'll do a whole verse as a flow, and no drop-ins. It's soon apparent that like most of the Crew's members, Swiss doesn't exactly embody the usual image of the dance producer as a studio boffin, chained to an Akai night and day while wrestling with impenetrable strings of SysEx.

I'm a quick learner.".

"Ride Wid Us" was less successful (UK number 19 in April 2002).

The clattering drums and low-slung bass lines recall jungle and similar British urban dance music, while the vocals reflect the influence of American hip-hop and R&B. They released a single, "Broken Silence" in 2003 which spoke out about government prejudice which they felt they had faced. Regular stints as a DJ honed his skills on turntables and microphone, but when he went into the studio for the first time, he brought with him nothing but the determination to make a track of his own — he didn't even have an idea as to what he wanted to do, let alone a lyric or a melody. As long as there's a Supernova and a Proteus and a good engineer, it's all right. Another hit, "They Don't Know", reached number three in November 2001 and "Haters" got to number eight in January 2002. “On your side since 2001, because we believe true fans deserve a "They'll flow a whole verse at a time. Once again, speed is the most important factor, and Swiss likes to get his ideas going as quickly as possible. I'll use anything.". In a group containing so many producers, all contributing to the common cause, there's a constant pressure to improve and develop. A few of us have got setups at home: AC Burrell's got a little setup at his house, Oxide's got his studio now, Shabz has got his little setup, so there's just a few of us, but most of us, even the ones with the setups, just come in the studio and do their thing from there.

UK garage is the biggest underground dance music phenomenon for years, and has taken London collective So Solid Crew to the top of the charts. As well as So Solid Crew hits such as '21 Seconds' and 'Oh No (Sentimental Things)', members of the Crew have collaborated on a bewildering variety of solo projects and remixes, while the Crew's platinum-selling debut album They Don't Know has been a fixture in the UK charts since its release. ', "In this studio, the stuff that I'm doing with them is mostly writing and tracking, so the sound stuff isn't really coming until the end of the tracks, and then we'll use plug-ins to change and distort the sounds slightly.

Semi Major Axis Of Europa, Tin Whistle Tabs Zelda, Senna Autopsy Photos, Bible Verses For When You Feel Unimportant, Ac Odyssey Fate Of Atlantis Episode 3 Choices, Honeywell Lyric T5 Screen Lock, German Ww2 Uniforms, Shelter (2007 Putlocker), Codename: Kids Next Door Full Episodes, Who Are The Migos Dating, Masterminds Book 4, Common Problems With Honda Ruckus, Meaning When A Man Calls You Queen, Derecho 2020 Ohio, Astroneer Iron Location, Jack Falahee Downton Abbey, Is The Magnapinna Squid Real, The Paris Seamstress Book Club Questions, Daniel Ladinsky Email, Steam Id Ip Finder, Lenny Barthez Aurelie Dupond, Below Is A List Of Domestic Output, Female Doberman Weight, Komo News Anchor Leaving, How Many Pellets In 0 Buckshot, Is Barbara Starr Ill, Errol Musk Wikipedia, Sealing Plaster With Pva Glue, Jimmy Savile Family, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Subtitles, Barbet Breeders Ohio, Stella Shanahan Coach, Present Tense Of Ser, Royal French Last Names, What Island Is Waikiki On, Chelan Tribe Food, Skate 2 Ps3 Dlc Pkg, Jeff Dunham Funko Pop Release Date, Greggs Coconut Cake, Testicule Pendant Photo, Donner Lake Weather Cam, Janexsy Figueroa Esposo, Kirsty Mitchell Family, What Does It Mean When A Girl Calls You By Your First And Last Name, Chelan Tribe Food, Maluma Real Phone Number, Slla Practice Test Pdf, La Vie Est Belle Meaning, John Wick : Parabellum Streaming 720p, Uc Berkeley Sorority Rankings 2020, Postmates Human Resources, Personal Characteristics Essay Medical School Sample, Vtol Vr Demo, Sidewinder Snake New Mexico, Teri Ungli Pakad Ke Chala New Version Mp3 Song Ricky Abhishek, Blazer With Jeans For Wedding, Ethan Wacker And Olivia Rodrigo, Florida Nocturnal Animal Sounds, Elephant Milk Cheese, America's Game Chiefs, Gengar Moveset Sword And Shield, Michael Houston Wife Donna, Popcorn Sutton Merchandise, Gloria Riviera Parents, South Dakota State Record Walleye, Samiel Asghedom Contact, 1953 Corvette Price, Remar Virtual Trainer Reviews, Briteblue Blueberry Plant, Td Bank Fredericton, G 98 Practice Test, Ghmc Corporators List 2020, Funny Names For Oranges, Arctic Fox Spawn Egg, Super Realistic Sloth Baby, Is Cameron Mills Married, Mad Lady Gif, Witcher 3 Madman Lugos Fist Fight, Exemplar Hsc Essay, 1986 Corvette Overdrive Not Working,