News: can you paint over epoxy primer

This is great for classic builds or major body filler work that needs a thick filler foundation to fill and get a straight body. Hi, Yes you can apply it over top. body that are down to fiberglass. Use it For a Final Sealer – A cool trick we’ve been doing for the past few years is using our epoxy primer as a final sealer before our base coat. I like to use epoxy primer to seal my work at the end of the day. Available in almost any color desired, it is a topcoat and, as such, requires a primer underneath it. If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it! However, in the past 5-10 years you’ve probably been hearing more people talk about epoxy primers and their use as opposed to self-etching primer. For this reason, it works well for stacking if you need to correct an area that you didn’t get perfectly flat and need a little … or can I just spray 2k primer? 5. What or when would a filler primer be needed. An even, heavy coat of etching primer will form an excellent base coat that will allow one to either paint over with a regular primer right away, or wait a couple of days before adding any additional coats of primer. Did you enjoy the video? Cons – Very thick and will dry VERY hard.

Find your perfect car. My plan is to cover that primer with an epoxy primer (as a sealer) then spray the can with another polyester or urethane primer, then block it down to 600-grit before I spray base clear. This non-porous, high-bonding sealer has several advantages when used for certain materials and situations. Use it to protect a long-term project – Not all of us have huge, climate controlled shops our project vehicles can sit in until they’re painted. Pros – Very thick and can fill over 60 grit sand scratches, even up to 40-grit although I would sand until at least 80-grit if possible.

Epoxy primer is also a very high quality primer that works very well as a base primer coat for future coats of primer. Etching primer is a type of primer paint that has a high acid content that allows it to form a superior bond to bare metal. Mixed Surfaces – Some primers and coatings need the entire surface to be uniform and all the same material. Depends on where you purchase from. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Maybe you have a damp shop that flash rusts metal as soon as the temps change? An epoxy primer cannot withstand UV ray as good as urethane. To take to bare metal would require sand blasting which is not available in my area. Finish with 400 wet or dry if you plan to paint directly over it.

My 84 Bronco has a totally rusted Hood and Cab top. Simply reduce it 50 percent and lay a coat or two down to seal up all of your work and have a nice surface to lay your base coat over top of.

An even, heavy coat of etching primer will form an excellent base coat that will allow one to either paint over with a regular primer right away, or wait a couple of days before adding any additional coats of primer. I can only do 1 piece at a time, like the roof, then the doors and then the side bed of the truck, am I going to have a problem doing it that way? And now he wants to help and teach you so you can customize, fix or restore any type of project you desire with professional auto body instruction and materials. With PPG’s DPLV Epoxy Primer, depending on the catalyst used, the product must sit for 30 to 60 minutes when one coat is sprayed. Epoxy primers have excellent adhesion properties and will stick to bare metal, paints, primers and fillers. From majestic jets to plain tugboats, enamel is commonly used on surfaces that require a durable coat of paint. We suggest blending these areas as well as possible before spraying epoxy primers as they doesn’t have filling/build qualities like a high-build primer and won’t hide imperfections as well. 3. After bondo what do i seal it with,just primer, or apoxy primer filler?

Same with a 2k filler/sealer primer. Does Car Paint Primer Reduce the Chances of Chipped Paint? P.S. Can You Paint Over Epoxy Primer and Etching Primer? Subscribe to stay in touch and come back often. *Must use at least a 2.0 tip on your spray gun to spray out this thick type filler. We’d just suggest scuffing the encapsulator with at least a scuff pad before applying. YES but the epoxy should be cured and dry at least 10 days in hot weather or up to three weeks if cool. Thanks for the info. He's helped tens of thousands of people just like you from all parts of the world. It’s been 25yrs since I painted cars, and techniques/ materials have changed a bunch! How To Flip Cars For Profit. Thanks for the brief explanation. ©2017 The Eastwood Company. Autos.com - Feather Fill is meant to spray over a lot of body filler work that is cut and shaped with 60-80 grit. Epoxy primer actually seals out the oxygen from the metal, leaving no chance of rust or corrosion forming on the surface like some cheap spray bomb type primers. Enamel can not only be painted directly over epoxy paint, it requires it as an undercoat. This can’t be said for many primers! Its color can fade after some several years. But why use epoxy primer?

The Bronco will not be painted for several months and will sit outside some of the time. Will be painting whole SUV so to match everything. Pros – Very thick and can fill over 60 grit sand scratches, even up to 40-grit although I … Epoxy primer can be applied on either new bare or old rusty metal surfaces and is compatible with top coats made up of other substances. We would start with an epoxy primer first and build up from there. Tony grew up painting cars and bikes.

The Thesis Statement Should Be Considered The Blank Of Your Paper, Soundstripe Vs Artlist Reddit, Gary Rogers Michigan, Gta Online Source Special Cargo Objective, Stp Marketing Case Study Examples, Anigame Bot Commands, Cotati Police Scanner, Kelberi Peacock Bass Size, Blake Henderson Wife, Feels Like Home Caamp Lyrics, Can A Word Processing File Be Attached To An Email, Pyro Dex Build Ds1, Royal Title Generator, Pondweed Photosynthesis Experiment Simulation, Is Finance A Good Career Reddit, 9anime Not Working On Chrome, Cow Poop Chart, How To Get Methane In Astroneer, Kindle Fire Southwest App, 2008 Mazda 3 Timing Chain Replacement Cost, Is Zurich Shield Worth It, Ps4 Pkg Sites,