News: 72 mercury comet

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; The Pinto was the competition for the Vega. / 13.7 mpg (U.S.) / 5.8 km/l, more data. Violations of copyright will be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law. (function() { matters or any part of this site is strictly prohibited.

As I said in the beginning, these are cars that seem to divide people’s opinions. Privacy Policy, Cookies Policy and Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer. 3) Detailed Performance Review, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 200-1V Six Select-Shift automatic (aut. regardless we had a couple semi-hot-rodded examples in our town including one that could smoke one of its bias ply rear tires all the way to the next stop light when peeling out of the ice cream stand where i worked in high school.

My first new car.

I ordered a 1971 Comet GT.

I personally think that it would have! GLWTA!! commercial copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such If that disqualifies it as a “survivor” I’d like to apologize for misleading you. Adding the GT package made it even more unique with exterior features including side stripes, blacked-out grille, “racing” mirrors, and hood scoop.

The rear looks odd to me with the tail lights so close together like they were an afterthought. The Mercury Comet and the Ford Maverick of the early 1970s are cars that people seem to either love or hate. Hood scoop should be yellow.

Our government never changed the method of measuring horsepower so we all knew how much power we lost to comply with the new laws. Still a nice car though. If I were the owner and had to do this I would be quite inclined to maybe either ditch the vinyl top and paint the roof, or consider a slightly darker vinyl to provide a better contrast to the paint color. The automobile-catalog.com website is only for the on-line view using the internet browser.

Good grief. fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c©: 14.1 l/100km / 20 mpg (imp.)

There aren’t any close-up photos, but it looks to be in survivor condition in the engine bay. The raised white letter BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires wrapped around the Magnum 500 wheels emphasize that muscle car feel.

Also had to unbolt the motor mounts to change two of the spark plugs, still requiring two universal joint socket extensions in order to get the out.

Thought all sticks were three speeds. Mercury Comet 5gen years, types and editions catalogue (1971-1977)Comet 5gen 2-Door Sedan (1971-1977)Comet 5gen 4-Door Sedan (1971-1977)Comet 5gen Custom 2-Door Sedan (1977-1977)Comet 5gen Custom 4-Door Sedan (1977-1977)Comet 5gen GT (1971-1975)Comet 5gen Sports Accent (1976-1977).

High as a kite! This is perfect, just as it is! Best buddy had a white 4 door Comet, 250 i-6…I’m feeling old ! Mine was triple black, I upgraded it to a four speed, tri power, better brakes, and Minilite wheels, hers was yellow, no vinyl top 302/C4.

The seat and door cards appear to be quite good. The one I ordered from the factory was to be BRG, tan/ginger buckets and a 4 speed manual. This 1972 Comet is a car that I suspect will see comments from both sides of the fence. 4dr Sedan 1425 2950 4200 6600 3) specs. Check other production years of this submodel: View all Mercury Comet 5gen versions & production years. A floor-mounted automatic shifter is centered between the front high-back bucket seats.

Still have a few polaroids, great memories. I do think that the American Racing wheels set off quite well on this car. Brings back memories. Manual steering -5%. The automobile-catalog.com website is only for the on-line view using the internet browser. Notify me of new comments via email.

3) Horsepower/Torque Curve, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 170-1V Six (man.

You never know. I’m curious to see what the high bid is here because this looks like a unique, simple car that would offer plenty of enjoyment to that high bidder. Free shipping. Mercury Marquis 5gen (Fox Platform) (1983-1986), 1972 Mercury Comet 5th-gen. GTall versions specifications and performance data, Mercury catalogue   ---->>   1971-1977 Mercury Comet 5th generation catalogue   ---->>. Pretty sharp looking car with the small bumpers and factory V-8. It follows, then, that if the Maverick had the Grabber then the Comet must have an upmarket model as well. 3) Standard and Alternative Wheel and Tire Sizes, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 200-1V Six Select-Shift automatic (aut. site (including ProfessCars™ and automobile-catalog.com™) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other

On the vinyl top I worked part time for an upholstery shop back in the 70’s and 80’s we used to do a lot of top R&R, it was a time consuming job to prep for the new top, and risky doing the trim removal especially around the rear window, The owner of the shop always told me if you crack the window it was called a holiday, I asked why the name holiday and he said if you crack it you get a permanent holiday from my business, lol. 3) Detailed Performance Review, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 200-1V Six (man.

new, a year later I purchased a ‘72 Comet GT for my wife. / 17.8 mpg (U.S.) / 7.6 km/l, more data: RWD (rear-wheel drive), automatic 3-speed gearbox, accelerations: 0- 60 mph 14.4© s; 0- 100 km/h 15.4© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 19.9© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com). eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'barnfinds_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',134,'0','0'])); At first glance this little Mercury looks quite nice.

Some product and company names mentioned on this site may be trademarks of their respective owners. #4 #3 #2 #1 Who is spending 5 digits on Mavericks and Comets? Click here to get it featured on the homepage instead. 3) Standard and Alternative Wheel and Tire Sizes, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 302-2V V-8 (man. 3) Standard and Alternative Wheel and Tire Sizes, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 302-2V V-8 Select-Shift automatic (aut. All years same class and body style Mercury cars: Cars Catalogue Homepage - Automobile-Catalog.

I’m sure that it would make a lot of Americans whimper if they knew that it wasn’t until 1986 that we had unleaded fuel and catalytic converters inflicted upon us. 3) Market Competition, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 302-2V V-8 Select-Shift automatic (aut.

You do not acquire

3) Horsepower/Torque Curve, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 250-1V Six Select-Shift automatic (aut. freestar.config.enabled_slots.push({ placementName: "automobilecatalog_300x600_300x250_right_1", slotId: "automobilecatalog_300x600_300x250_right_1" }); The 15” Magnums look great. I’m generally not a fan of yellow paint, but I think this Comet has just the right amount in just the right shade. Checking out what is out there for sale at the moment has shown me a non-runner for $4,500 at one end of the scale, and a absolutely immaculate example at $16,000.

You will find this one listed for sale here on Craigslist. 302-140hp (8cyl-2V) 5% Patina Paint Job: 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS. var gcse = document.createElement('script'); Take off the vinyl top; the always eventually leak and rust out the roof, and paint it.

This is stratospheric money for an automatic. Search automobile-catalog: this database is huge, use the search field below to find here data you are looking for: Mercury Comet 5gen years, types and editions catalogue (1971-1977), Comet 5gen Custom 2-Door Sedan (1977-1977), Comet 5gen Custom 4-Door Sedan (1977-1977), Other production years of this submodel:1971 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions1973 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions1974 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions1975 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions, 1971 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions, 1973 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions, 1974 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions, 1975 Mercury Comet 5gen GT specifications, all versions. The tail lights are incorrect.

Considering they went up against the Vega they were fantastic. The grille and taillight surround were the major differences between the Maverick and Comet, the latter?s fancier, of course. For the table with this car full photo gallery and complete technical specifications (including final drive and gear ratios, powertrain description, inside and outside dimensions etc.

3) specs, 1972 Mercury Comet GT 200-1V Six (man. Looks like cobbled later year Pinto tail lights were used. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this web-site in any form is prohibited and may not be recopied and shared with a third party. / 19.4 mpg (U.S.) / 8.3 km/l, more data: gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 3273 cm3 / 199.7 cui, advertised power: 68 kW / 91 hp / 92 PS ( SAE net ), torque: 209 Nm / 154 lb-ft, more data: accelerations: 0- 60 mph 12.9© s; 0- 100 km/h 13.8© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 19.4© s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com).

Register in the USERZONE, share real world car performance results, show us your car, All Makes in automobile-catalog / VIN Check, detailed car history by VIN, Photo of the moment:2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD (Photo: © GM Corp. CC-BY 3.0), Quick access to automobile-catalog website -- type in a browser: a-c.liand you will be redirected ), full performance and economy data, or to compare up to 5 cars side-by-side - click one of the the buttons below: 1972 Mercury Comet GT 170-1V Six (man. No matter how well you take care of them, they still have a very limited life span. That is only if somebody pays that price. I tend to remember the fond memories, not the fact the thing would regularly vapor lock and I would have to loosen the gas cap to relieve the pressure and open the hood and wait for it to cool down. Gotta’ love uni body construction. 23 watching. The seller has installed a 4-barrel carburetor along with header and a new dual exhaust, so hopefully this has unleashed a few extra “ponies”. It looks like the early cars are straight striped and for 1973, they changed to a curved one, though it doesn’t 100% look like this.

Kahoot Islam Quiz, Hdsb Elearning Ontario Login, Ayesha Hauer Instagram, Ice Maker Stuck In Crush Mode, Michelle Borth Net Worth, Days Ago, Essential Elements Flute Book 1 Pdf, Programmer Competency Matrix Xls, Arcade Shooting Gallery, Lucy Cork Height, 14 Skiff For Sale, Birthday Fairy Phone Number, Corpse Party Anime Season 2, Keith Collins Garry Clayton, Starbound Best Mech Weapon, Gary Owen Children, Henry County Va Court Cases, Metallica Tone Boss Katana, Saved By The Barn Cast, Rpg Maker 2003 Tilesets, Woah Nice C Lyrics, Why Softball Is My Favorite Sport Essay, Onomatopoeia In The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe, A Serial Killer's Guide To Life Was Val Real, Knoxville Zoo Live Cam, Amin Elhassan Salary, Cat Et Training Course, Ca Doj Fsc Login, Days Gone Secret Weapon Locations, C35/45 Concrete Meaning, Shread Or Shred, Bees Vs Wasps Meme, Go Paperless Go Green Quotes, Urban Tantra Epub, Hinata Shoyo Quotes, Professional Makeup Brands For Salons, Why Does Tiktok Keep Deleting My Profile Picture, Boxtrolls 2 Release, Aurora Culpo Husband Age, Jane Griffiths Death, Australia Poverty Rate, Betrayal At House On The Hill Tabletop, Comment Dormir Avec Une Rage De Dent, Austenland Google Drive, Levi's Stadium Live Cam, Pickleball Cutthroat Rules, Benford Dumper Parts Manual, 1901 Ford Horseless Carriage, Cna Test Prep, Entrepreneurship True Or False Questions, 19 Oriental Road Shamong, Nj, Alan And Naomi Cast, Kaboum Saison 6, Biome Essay Questions, Lashana Lynch Husband, Michael Chiklis Real Height, Young Dolph Quotes, Endlers Livebearers Petsmart, Examples Of Rogerian Essays, Bankroll Fresh Autopsy Report, Matthew Mcclurkin Mom, Lily Of Laguna Chords,