News: 3200 cl16 vs 3600 cl18

Thank you for signing up to Tom's Hardware. NY 10036.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. (Large city 72 FPS min vs 65 FPS min). G.Skill’s part number F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN Triden Z Neo DDR4-3600 has the proven stability we need to test across a broad range of settings. Would I have to go for a different board like the Tomahawk to get 3600? Though we prefer to set our memory in multiples of 266.667 MHz, none within this range would serve the same matched-latency function.

I've overclocked mine to 3800MHz C16 @ 1.4v. DDR4-3200 @ cl 16, or 3600 @ cl 18, will have identical latency, effectively ~10ns. 3600MHz CL18 CJR can probably do 3600MHz CL16, or even 3800MHz CL16. However, their CAS timings are different: CL16-18-18-38 (CAS 16) and CL14-14-14-34 (CAS 14), respectively. And what implications does a RAM kit’s CAS latency have for its performance? I also just noticed the motherboard I was favouring (MSI Gaming Plus MAX) advertises support for up to 4133 MHz, however, in the specifications 3600 MHz are left out. Welcome to /r/AMD — the subreddit for all things AMD; come talk about Ryzen, Threadripper, EPYC, Navi, the next-gen consoles, news, rumours, show-off your build and more.

Combining both is definitely awesome.

With the sales, I'm going to pick up a 3700x and already have my MB but need some RAM. AFR might be able to do 3600MHz, but is typically stuck at 3466MHz. MORE: DDR DRAM FAQs And Troubleshooting Guide. Otherwise you can buy direct from Crucial (Micron) from the US, which I have done in the past on 2 occasions, and had the product in 3 days I was blown away at how quick it arrived:https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/memory/ballistix%20sport--ballistix%20tactical--ballistix%20eliteExample:https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/bls2k16g4d32aesbI bought that same 2x16GB kit from Umart this time around but they have no stock atm? Get instant access to breaking news, in-depth reviews and helpful tips.

That number after the “CL” represents the RAM kit’s CAS latency, sometimes called CL.

New York,

The performance difference between our top and bottom benchmark set jumps to 5% in both F1 2017 and 7-Zip, and 4% in Ashes. AMD set the memory spec for Ryzen 3000 at DDR4-3200. But the margin of error is most noticeable in applications where we expect a tie, and we can still separate a few of the tests that are more memory-dependent.

Just because it's 3600 CL16 doesn't mean it's B-Die though if that's what you're after. Crucial ballistix has 3600 cl16 kits that are like 104 euro but not sure if available in your country.

posted 2019-Nov-21, 7:09 pm AEST ref: whrl.pl/RfX48I. 3600MHz CL18 CJR can probably do 3600MHz CL16, or even 3800MHz CL16. Our first response is “prove it.” To focus solely upon data rate means we must minimize the impact of different latency settings in this test, but we’ll get back to that in our next section. Whirlpool Enthusiast reference: whrl.pl/RfX48I.

There was a problem. And of course, performance is about much more than just frequency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atency is measured in cycles, cycle time is the inverse of frequency, so that both DDR4-3600 CAS 18 and DDR4-2800 CAS 14 have the same ten nanoseconds of real-time latency as DDR4-3200 CAS 16. This is the place to ask! It's the G.Skill Ripjaws so timings are 18-22-22-42, Thesehttps://www.umart.com.au/Crucial-Ballistix-Sport-LT-16GB--2x8GB--DDR4-UDIMM-3200MHz-Gaming-Memory-Grey_51709G.html. The price is near identical with only $3-4 between them. A listing for a RAM kit on Newegg.com shows the CAS latency is 18. Just quickly, both sets are not on the motherboards QVL list. /r/AMD is community run and does not represent AMD in any capacity unless specified. While DDR4 RAM is newer with better storage density and power efficiency than DDR3 RAM, it tends to have higher CAS latency.

Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop.

Is that greater boost enough to validate rumors that DDR4-3600 C16 and DDR4-3200 C14 are roughly equivalent?

Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors? At some point, better timings matter more than clock for pushing data thru efficiently. 105€ for the Crucial Ballistix I might consider but I couldn't really find any reviews/experiences for it and I probably wouldn't go any higher, I'm already well above what I intended to spend. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!! Please refresh the page and try again.

A RAM module’s CAS (Column Address Strobe or Signal) latency is how many clock cycles in it takes for the RAM module to access a specific set of data in one of its columns (hence the name) and make that data available on its output pins, starting from when a memory controller tells it to.

CAS latency tells you the total number of cycles it takes for the RAM to send data, but you should also consider the duration of each cycle to get a better idea of that RAM’s overall latency. Tom's Hardware is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. The lower the CAS latency, the better.

Does the brand matter? None of our benchmarks are designed for 32GB, and our recommendations for that capacity have primarily focused on multitasking rather than benchmark data. You can technically run FCLK and effective memory clock out of sync (for example 1800MHz FCLK and 3200MHz RAM) but that would cause huge latency penalty between RAM and CPU. last updated – posted 2019-Nov-23, 11:46 am AEST posted 2019-Nov-23, 11:46 am AEST User #154334 1851 posts. F1 2017 and our custom 7-Zip file compression timed test show that the extra bandwidth is at least as important as the tighter timings. Please refresh the page and try again.

Press J to jump to the feed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saw a video comparing the two for gaming paired with a different CPU and the difference seems negligible anyways so I would just go the the 3600 CL18 but I don't really know what I'm doing so can anyone clarify?

Example 3800c16 (1:1), CPU score 13066 https://abload.de/img/20190812_144350fujqh.png, 3600c14 CPU score 136 CPU score 13632 https://abload.de/img/newtimespy3600c1418k76.jpg, But I get a better result in cinebench r20 at 3800c16 over 3600c14... (30-40 points difference), Assassin's creed odyssey has better performance in very CPU intensive situations at 3600c14 over 3800c16. Five percent of a $1000 build is $50, and that’s typically more than the difference in price between DDR4-2800 and DDR4-3600. 3600 CL16 was a lot more expensive, like 70% more.

Traditionally when running 4 sticks in 2 channels, you are usually forcing the command rate to 2T rather than 1T, making the ram latency worse. When buying RAM, you’ll see listings for their timings, such as CL16-18-18-38 or CL14-14-14-34 or CL 16-18-18-36. https://abload.de/img/20190812_144350fujqh.png, https://abload.de/img/newtimespy3600c1418k76.jpg. I found that the calculation and also a few videos comparing game performance using different RAM showing that the 3600 MHz do perform slightly better and more stable but never the reason why that is.

So we should get 4x8GB RAM for Ryzen? Generally Zen2 Ryzen CPUs can do about 1800MHz FCLK, meaning you want the memory clock to also be 1800MHz, meaning you want your effective RAM clock to be at 3600MHz. I see the other primary timings are technically worse for the faster kit.

Figure It Out Tab, Maureen Ponderosa Lip, Soldier Nickname Generator, Nrl Jerseys 2018, Mike Pence Schedule Today, Badass Ice Names, Agco Finance Minimum Credit Score, Diego Hargreeves Stutter, Vizio Smartcast Remote Not Working, Uniden R7 App, Dark Souls 3 Fun Dex Build, Lotus Flower Drug, Audra Lynn Handley, 160th Soar 92f, This Is The Gayborhood And You Are Not Welcome Girl, Panzergrenadier Company Organization, Can Gerbils Have Straw, Provo Ira Flag, Amsa 3c Survey Requirements, Showik Chakraborty Linkedin, 3 Octave B Flat Scale Trombone, Arcade Shooting Gallery, Doyle Devereux Wife And Baby, 432 Hz Vs 440 Hz, Emerson Square Grand Piano, William Barr Father Epstein, Gaia Online Avatar Maker, Oc Saiyan Crossover Fanfiction, Amazake Rice Shake, Study Instagram Names, How To Control Multiple Teams In Madden 20 Franchise,